When and how can I access my course material in Canvas
Within an hour of enrolling in a PaCE course, but no sooner than 60 days before the beginning of the course, you will receive an email similar to the one below from our online learning platform, UCSB Canvas, with instructions on how to complete your Canvas registration and access your online course. The email will be sent to the email address you have selected as your preferred email address in your PaCE Student profile. Please check your spam folder in case the email landed there. You don’t need to take any action until you receive that email.
- Example of the email you will receive. Please follow the instructions provided in that email.
- Once you reach the Canvas dashboard, you will be asked to create a password. Follow the prompts.
- Once you complete your Canvas registration, you will be able to access your course in Canvas.
- The course Syllabus will be posted approximately 2 weeks before the first day of class. The remaining course material will be available to students starting on the first day of class.
After your first login
- In order to access Canvas after your first login, go to the Canvas login page and click on "PaCE and other Users" under "PaCE Login".
- You will be asked to enter your PaCE Student ID (i.e. X00000) under "Login" and password.
- If you forgot your password, click on "Forgot Password" and follow the prompts. You will receive an email to the email address in your PaCE Student profile asking you to create a password. Once you have created the password, please enter it and click "Log In".
- Once you complete your log in, you will see your Canvas dashboard and you will be able to access your course.
If you have any questions about the above instructions, please feel free to email us at email@example.com or call us at 805-893-4200 and we will be happy to assist you. We are available Monday through Friday, from 9am to 5pm PST. We are closed on weekends and major Federal Holidays.