If you are a UCSB matriculated student and you are enrolling in a PaCE course, please follow the steps below to access your PaCE course in Canvas
Because you are a UCSB matriculated student, you have likely used Canvas before. However UCSB PaCE courses require a separate Canvas account.
Please make sure that your ucsb.edu email address is your preferred email address in your PaCE Student Profile before you enroll in a PaCE course.
Within an hour of enrolling in a PaCE course but no sooner than 60 days before the beginning of the course, you will receive an email similar to the one below from UCSB Canvas to the preferred email address in your PaCE student profile with instructions on how to complete your Canvas registration and access your online course. Do not disregard that email.
- Example of the email you will receive. Please follow the instructions provided in that email.
- Once you click on the link, you will be asked to combine your new Canvas account with your existing UCSB Canvas (see below).
- Please confirm that you are the same person listed on that email and you will be directed to Canvas where you will see both your UCSB academic courses and your PaCE courses.
- If your ucsb.edu email address has not been set up as your preferred email address in your PaCE Student Profile before enrolling in a PaCE course, you will have two separate Canvas accounts.
- If you didn't follow the instructions above and you didn't combine your two Canvas accounts, then you will have two separate Canvas accounts. You will need to access your PaCE courses in Canvas following these instructions instead.
If you have any questions about the above instructions, please feel free to email us at email@example.com or call us at 805-893-4200 and we will be happy to assist you. We are available Monday through Friday, from 9am to 5pm PST. We are closed on weekends and major Federal Holidays.